REPUBLIC OF THE PHILIPPINES INTER-AGENCY TASK FORCE FOR THE MANAGEMENT OF EMERGING INFECTIOUS DISEASES OMNIBUS GUIDELINES ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF COMMUNITY QUARANTINE IN THE PHILIPPINES with Amendments as of May 06, 2021
SECTION  GUIDELINES FOR AREAS PLACED UNDER GENERAL COMMUNITY QUARANTINE
PERSONS ADVISED TO REMAIN AT HOME
1. ANY PERSON BELOW 18 YEARS OLD
2. THOSE WHO ARE OVER 65 YEARS OLD
3. THOSE WITH IMMUNODEFICIENCY, OR OTHER HEALTH RISKS
4. PREGNANT WOMEN
NOTE: THESE PERSONS SHALL BE REQUIRED TO REMAIN IN THEIR RESIDENCES AT ALL TIMES EXCEPT FROM OBTAINING ESSENTIAL GOODS OR SERVICES, OR FOR WORK IN INDUSTRIES AND OFFICES SUCH OTHER ACTIVITIES PERMITTED.
As a national policy, all LGUs shall ensure unhampered movement by land, air, or sea of all types of goods and cargoes – including their personnel and delivery vehicles – to and from their destination regardless of existing community quarantine classification.
Personnel of delivery vehicles up to a maximum of five (5) persons, when transporting goods and cargoes, are exempt from any testing and quarantine protocols that may be imposed by the LGUs en route to the point of destination. Provided, they undergo the usual symptom screening at the point of destination. Provided, further, that strict social distancing measures must be observed, which may include, if necessary, the putting up of additional safe and humane seats or space in the vehicles. Provided, finally, that the PNP Omnibus Guidelines on Community Quarantine with Amendments as of retains its authority to conduct inspection procedures in checkpoints for the purpose of ensuring that protocols on strict home quarantine are observed.
PERSONS ALLOWED TO TRAVEL: MOVEMENT OF (AUTHORIZED PERSONS OUTSIDE THEIR RESIDENCES (APOR) by land, sea, or air, within and across areas placed under any form of community quarantine shall be allowed
(1) health and emergency frontline services and uniformed personnel,
(2) government officials and employees on official travel
(3) duly-authorized humanitarian assistance actors (HAAs), especially those transporting medical supplies and laboratory specimens related to COVID-19, and other relief and humanitarian assistance
(4) persons traveling for medical or humanitarian reasons,
(5) persons going to and from the airport,
(6) anyone crossing zones for work or business permitted in the zone of destination, or activities as may be authorized by the IATF, and going back home, and
(7) public utility vehicle operators.
The PNP shall be authorized to promulgate and regularly update the list of APORs. Authorized shuttle services shall be allowed to travel within and across areas placed under any form of community quarantine, with priority given to persons rendering health and emergency frontline services. (As amended by Paragraph A of IATF Resolution No. 79, October 15, 2020, and further amended by Paragraph C(5) of IATF Resolution No. 114, May 06, 2021)
Interzonal movement– the movement of people, goods and services between provinces, highly urbanized cities, and independent component cities under different community quarantine classification. For this purpose, the National Capital Region shall be considered as one area. Provided that movements to and from areas under granular lockdowns shall be considered as interzonal movement even if within the same province or highly urbanized city. (As amended by Paragraph A of IATF Resolution No. 79, October 15, 2020)
The interzonal movement of persons not authorized outside of residences (non-APOR) between areas placed under GCQ and MGCQ for any purpose shall be permitted subject to the reasonable regulations imposed by the LGU concerned, if any, and which should be submitted to the DILG. (As amended by Paragraph A of IATF Resolution No. 79, October 15, 2020)
Intrazonal movement – the movement of people, goods and services between provinces, highly urbanized cities, and independent component cities under the same community quarantine classification, without transiting through an area under a different classification. For this purpose, the National Capital Region shall be considered as one area. (As amended by Paragraph A of IATF Resolution No. 79, October 15, 2020)
The intrazonal movement of non-APORs for any purpose across areas placed under GCQ or MGCQ shall be permitted subject to the reasonable regulations imposed by the LGU concerned if any, and which should be submitted to the DILG, or in the case of Boracay Island, subject to those imposed by the Boracay Inter-Agency Task Force (BIATF). (As amended by Paragraph A(5) of IATF Resolution No. 43, June 03, 2020, and by Paragraph A of IATF Resolution No. 79, October 15, 2020)
Outbound travel of Filipinos, regardless of purpose, may be allowed subject to compliance with the following requirements:
- For those traveling on tourist or short-term/ visitor visas, submission of confirmed round-trip tickets and adequate travel and health insurance to cover travel disruptions and hospitalization in case of COVID-19 infections during their allowable period of stay abroad;
- Execution of a Bureau of Immigration Declaration acknowledging the risks involved in traveling, including the risk of delay in their return trip, to be provided at the check-in counters by the airlines;
- Whenever required by the country of destination or the airline, a negative COVID-19 test taken in accordance with the health and safety protocols of such destination country or airline; and
- Upon return, they shall follow the Guidelines of the National Task Force (NTF) for the Management of Returning Overseas Filipinos;
The foregoing provisions shall not be interpreted to allow outbound travel by Filipinos to countries where travel restrictions are in place; and finally, this is without prejudice to the exercise of the mandate of the Bureau of Immigration with respect to departure
Repatriated OFWs or returning OFs who have been issued a DOH/BOQ quarantine certificate shall be granted unhampered passage across zones en route to their final destination in the Philippines, as well as unimpeded entry to the final LGU of destination, regardless of the mode of transport.
The inbound international travel of all persons, regardless of vaccination status, to any port of the Philippines, shall be governed by the following entry, testing and quarantine protocols:
- All arriving travelers shall undergo fourteen (14) day quarantine upon arrival. The first ten days of which shall be observed in a quarantine facility, with the remainder to be completed under home quarantine in their respective local government units of destination;
- Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) testing shall be conducted on the seventh day with Day 1 being the day of arrival. Notwithstanding a negative test result, the arriving traveler shall complete the facility-based quarantine period of ten (10) days;
- The Bureau of Quarantine shall ensure strict symptom monitoring while in the facility quarantine for 10 days; and
- The foregoing shall be subject to special protocols approved by the IATF or the Office of the President for certain classes of travelers or ports of origin. (As introduced by Paragraph A of IATF Resolution No. 116, May 20, 2021)
City Government of Davao, 2021